About The Event
The world’s operating system is being rewritten – we are at the onset of the 4th Industrial Revolution. We are becoming increasingly interconnected and evolving at an exponential pace thanks to the internet and the emergence of disruptive next generation technologies such as Big Data Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), Drones, Robotics and 3D Printing. Flows of people, capital, information, and commerce now determine who is winning! McKinsey estimates that an additional $300 billion can be supplemented to the continent’s GDP by 2025, if industry and governments can fully leverage the power of the internet. The trend of disruption is redefining the status quo as customers and business are making better informed decisions, and empowering those at the bottom of the societal pyramid to actively contribute to their respective economies. The Lagos State FinTech Community, in partnership with Sanwo Fintech Enterprises presents the LAGOS FinTech Pitch Competition 2019. We are seeking for start-ups with passion whose primary business operations focus on developing sustainable FinTech product .
SFIN Hub, Gbagada Phase II, Lagos
July 16, 2019
Why You Should Participate
- THE FINALISTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO A CRASH COURSE ON BUSINESS MODELLING AND SOFT SKILLS FOR STARTUPS WITH THE SANWO FINTECH ENTERPRISES.
- RECEIVE SEED FUNDING TO SUPPORT THEM IN FURTHER DEVELOPING THEIR SOLUTIONS.
- RECEIVE INTERNATIONAL VISIBILITY INCLUDING CONNECTION TO POTENTIAL VCS.
How To Participate
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION SLIDES INCLUDING YOUR BUSINESS MODEL (MAX 10 SLIDES) BEFORE FRIDAY, 12TH JULY, 2019.
Relevance and Impact
- How well does the solution focus on a FinTech product?
- Solution shows a good understanding of market and target customer
- Potential impact of the solution to scale
- The solution should be practical and easily implementable
Readiness and Traction
- The solution: Participating team should share a visual representation or mock up designs of their proposed solution
- The startup: Should be a registered business in operation for at least 6 months.
- Team composition: This team should consist of at least 4 members with various skill sets, demonstrate added value and cohesiveness.
- Business model: The startup should have a good idea of the business model envisaged for the solution by demonstrating the key resources needed to grow the solution, and how they intend to monetise it.
- Ingenuity of the solution or improvement of existing technology-based process
- Solution uniqueness
Event venue location info and gallery